Wednesday, November 18, 2009

current musings + amusing reflections = this post

I ran this morning. For the first time in a coon's age. Or at least, the first time i was running for pleasure in a coon's age. I have run, but only out of necessity. I have to admit, I felt a little bit silly and a little bit fun in my running tights. My hip is reminding me that childbirth was not that long ago. But my hot shower felt so gratifying... Ahh.

The baby has a slightly elevated temp, excessive drool, and moderate fussiness. Call nurse like paranoid mother. "Why yes. She is 4 months. No, I hadn't considered that. Yes, I suppose she is within the normal range for beginning teething." Second child is growing too fast.

I was thinking about my office today. The financial advisors moved out a couple of months ago. So no more akward bluetooth moments in the hall. And I always get the 'good stall' in the bathroom - the one with good lighting, and a flush mechanism that works. Oh yeah, and they put in a refurbished snack machine. It's still directly adjacent to the mens' restroom.

Despite our massive renovations, there is still a duct-tape X above my bed. It's nice.

Junie hasn't rolled over yet. I love it. I want her to stay still as loooong as possible. I always thought Red's lack of mobility was due to his enormous size, but now I'm stumped. Because Junie is a peanut.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been running recently too. It's so nice to run again. Why do we wait so long to do it? I wish my endurance was built up like the good ol' days!!!

Tootie said...

Hmmm, guess your kids are just content to not move. You probably take care of their needs better than I do. My kids feel compelled to get up and take care of themselves. survival instinct.