Friday, May 08, 2009

happy 25th birthday!


Sweet little sister, happy birthday. Sorry the Toot tried to steal the spotlight on your day a few years back, but don't worry, you definitely hold your own - and share your day with grace. So here are a few things I love about Nanni that I thought I'd share on her day:

1. None of us other sisters could ever be so daringly Marijke-esque in their mothering techiques. It just works for you - and I love watching you be a mom.

2. Somehow you manage to look super swanky and trendy while on a budget. Does anyone know that Nanni found an amazing cocktail dress at the Salvation Army? She wears it like a runway model.

3. I love that during your short 'modeling career' you were selected to impersonate Barbie at the local toystores. I love that you were Rainforest Barbie one time, and wore the bodyart/fake tatoos like a star. And that you got pulled over by a Cop for speeding while in that costume.

4. You were always willing to listen to me, despite my overly bossy nature during our childhood. I can't believe I got the "front" seat in the bathtub with all the warm water everytime. I love that you didn't mind letting me get away with that crap.

5. I love that you wear cut off shorts and bright yellow whellies.

6. Thanks for letting me give you the most famous haircut you ever received as a kid. I love that you are still so scarred by that experience that you are determined to keep G-Lou's hair long.

7. I admire your ability to thrive off of a 15 minute power nap.

8. I'm glad that you are Aunt Nancy to RM. When he runs up to you and demands a hug when we see you, I thank our Father in heaven.

9. I love that when I missed you sharing a room with me after we got our own bedrooms, you willingly participated in moving the furniture without mom knowing in order to create a 'playroom' and a 'bedroom' for us both to share.

10. It makes my heart swell to know that you will have two daughters soon - sisters as close in age as we were, and that my daughter will get to be a part of their fun too.


We love you!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I just realized you posted this! a month later...It almost made me cry. and it is pretty funny too!