Wednesday, October 22, 2008

happy birthday momma --------------- "second verse... a little bit louder... a little bit worse!"

Do yall remember the birthday gift RM gave me for my first birthday as a new momma? It was hilarious... and gross... but mostly just funny.

This year's surprise was a little less funny at the time, but suffice it to say the Evelyn Floyd camp has learned a valuable lesson, and can laugh at their stupidity in hindsight... even 12 hours later.

SOOOO, my Floyd made my birthday special in some cute tangible ways: waking us up for a big family breakfast of CREPES! He also prepared a dessert for us to enjoy after dinner - PEANUT BUTTER PIE! Yum... (Another story in and of itself is the way that Floyd provides domestic acts of service to Evelyn - a HUGE gift to me constantly.)

Well, while we were eating this fabulous dessert I thought RM might like a taste... it was a BIRTHDAY afterall, why not celebrate with a sweet snack for the babe too!?

INSERT ALLERGIC REACTION HERE.

INSERT STUPID MOM NOT REALIZING HER SON HAD NEVER HAD PEANUTS BEFORE.

INSERT UNBELIEVABLE OVERSIGHT TO MAIN INGREDIENT IN PIE.

11 comments:

Evelyn & Floyd said...

ANSWERS I did not include in the post:

1. Yes, we're all okay.
2. Yes, we have a follow up appointment with the allergist.
3. Yes, the pediatric ER is CRAZY busy - don't go there if you can help it.

The Howell's said...

Man, that stinks. I thought they could have peanut butter after 1 yr? At least you've got a sense of humor about it!

Tim and Katie said...

oh my gosh! i would have done the same thing...one year and peanuts are safe right?? poor little red and poor you guys for having to survive the ER. glad everyone's ok.

Beth said...

OMG...that is incredible! I can't believe that Dan, Im so so sorry! Poor RM, first sunscreen, now peanuts! Glad you are able to laught about it and it didn't turn out to be too serious! Man, thats scary! yall are troopers!

brittneyb86 said...

poor little thing can't have peanut butter pie the rest of his life!!! how depressing. what about reese's, pb&j, ohhhh man this is sad!!! please do not think im being insensitive to your absolutely no fun birthday experience but these are some of my favorite foods danielle!! :)

Amy Ross said...

Ok, Please don't think I am a blog stalker...Ok, maybe I am. I just have to comment again, because my oldest has a peanut allergy! It is scary! I'm sorry you had to find out that way, and on your birthday nonetheless. (I found out when I ate pb while nursing my son...he broke out in hives!)
Sorry about all the drama in your lives!

Evelyn & Floyd said...

Amy! I need your e-mail address girl... it is SO good to hear someone else KNOWS the saga! Thx for stalking! haha!!!

Tootie said...

poor little ketchup kid. enjoyed talking to you so long the other night. love you. I'd sit with your boy at the peanut-free table any day.

The Batts said...

hey--so what actually happened to red??? did he have a crazy reaction! i am so sorry you had to find out this way! I hope he is ok!!

love you!

EssBee said...

I am so sorry for your unintended birthday drama. However, I would like to point out that the purple gown really does suit RM - I mean, does he have a bad color? I think not!

Evelyn & Floyd said...

Tootie: Still have mental images of the peanut-free table... i'm really worried about his social development. :)

Essbee: It cracks me up that you, the tenth comment, were the first to notice or point out how complementary the purple gown is on him... i just thought - "is this really the most neutral color you have for kids?"

Ru/KT/Beth/Em: He started coughing really bad, having difficulty breathing, flushing of the face, severe swelling of the face, red eyes... it could have been worse apparently, but it's not something i want to have happen again if i can help it! :)