Monday, October 22, 2007

happy birthday momma...



after a very long night as a new mother, and just a few hours after officially turning 26, my son decided to give me a very cute birthday surprise. Not only peeing everywhere from the perch of his changing pad, but when i picked him up to clean it off and give the diaper change a second go, he decided to pee all down the front of me.

I love it. As you can see from this picture, at three weeks and 26 years respectively, he is definitely getting the better of me.

Disclaimer: The ensemble worn in this picture is the result of sleepless nights, and blind pajama decisions at 3am when i am cold. Please give me a break. I'm exhausted.

7 comments:

The Batts said...

u look gorgeous!! :)

canadian aunt nancy said...

As always Danielle - you look beautiful. You could wear a paper bag and look gorgeous.

canadian aunt nancy said...

PS I received a request from the US Ambassador to host a delegation from .... Greenville, SC - they want to talk social housing and transit.

Evelyn & Floyd said...

this picture makes me laugh out loud. please post more of the same.
Nancy

EssBee said...

I love it! You are so good to share this with us.

Tootie said...

HA! how refreshing. and really, it is unfair that you can look that great any time of day, let alone 3 am! you know, red has a real advantage with his changing table being at chin level. :) you'll sleep again one day dan, hang in there! love ya, shin

Stacy said...

I love it...great photo...gave me a little wake up call....that it will be me an a few weeks...reality check :) (minus the stain down the front, if my girl manages to do that we may have a bigger problem than lack of sleep)