Friday, March 04, 2011

sleepless conversations

I crawled in bed to snuggle a Red at 9:45 tonight. He said, "You're my best friend." I think that meant thank-you-i-love-you-this-is-fun in three year old lingo.

RM told me that sleep was hard to get tonight. He genuinely wants to please, and doesn't want to disappoint by getting out of his bed. But when he has napped, the sleep sincerely escapes him. And it is puzzling for that to happen, when you are three.

He passed along quite a bit of other information too. He told me that Geckos climb trees and play hide and seek. He doesn't like tumbleweeds because they roll very fast. But he thought I should know that camels can eat the spikes on cactus plants. I actually got online tonight to look it up and verify this information. Huh. Bizarre.

1 comment:

The Batts said...

i love hearing those conversations...and i bet him saying you were his best friend just made you feel great.