Friday, February 18, 2011

two evenings.

The end of the nap. How sad, but it is happening. We are still in that 'nap purgatory' stage of sorts... He can make it two days sans nap, but then he's gotta crash. Here are two evenings juxtaposed. The first was a nap afternoon. Today was not.

Last night RM kept getting out of bed. Finally, very exacerbated, he explained, "My bed is taking forever!" We think he believes that his bed is his vehicle to dreamland much in the same way a microwave is to Tyson's chicken nuggets.

This evening I braved the grocery store. 6pm on a Friday night, with a 3 year old and 18 month old in tow. He hadn't napped. I strapped them in the over sized 'car-cart' and steered the enormous load around the store for an hour, wielding coupons and list. He dragged his fingers along the floor as i cruised one aisle. Then legs started dangling out of the 'windshield' then the 'door' then the 'back window' and finally across Junie's shoulders. Three times I rescued Nemo fruit snacks, Starburst, and Captain Crunch 'All Berries Cereal' from his grip. He sobbed all the way to the car. Crashed at 7:45 after a good scrub down to eliminate the grocery goo. I can't tell who was more tired.

Oh, and I lost more than my sanity in that grocery store. If anyone visits Publix tomorrow and finds a sock and a hairbow, both disappeared, most likely in the frozen food section. We did find both shoes, I am pleased to report.

PS - I saved $54. I still hate couponing.

3 comments:

The Batts said...

whoa! $54 that is really good. i can't believe he is transitioning out of his nap...that is really sad, but i guess you had a good run of them!
at least the other one is still napping!

Trish said...

struggling with the same thing here. she'll nap if I ask her to but then come night time she will be up in her bed for hours talking, taking potty breaks etc. today she didn't nap and she fell asleep at the dinner table.

Nancy said...

ditto on all of the above but especially the "I hate couponing"