Monday, October 11, 2010

apple picking

This is becoming a biennial tradition... as I'm noticing the last times were in 2008 and 2006. It was fun to meet the Batts & the Griggs up at the orchard this year. RM was thrilled to skip along with Anna, show Liam, Lily & Bug the ropes, and quite literally talk to every human being or four legged animal we passed.
Ridiculously cute, right? Yes, it was just as adorable in real life. RM was so enamored with the picturesque scene that he forgot to tell me he needed to pee. No harm done, I don't think she held it against you this time Buddy. When you are three, you get a pass.

Oh, and tonight we had dinner at the Fishers' where we brought the Sky Top apples we picked, and had the most divine apple pie after dinner. Is half of it still in my fridge? Oh yes. Do you think I might serve it to my son for breakfast? Don't judge.

2 comments:

The Batts said...

did you really bake a pie from the apples you picked all in one night?

Evelyn & Floyd said...

we baked and ate monday. the day after the picking. :)