Saturday, March 06, 2010

lately.

LATELY... that's all I can come up with to title this post since it covers such a broad range... and because honestly, lately work has been the order of life. It's good, don't get me wrong - i love my job. It's just that, well, I've been a bit consumed there with recent changes. And I don't really think anyone has heard from me for that reason. So, here's the domestic report.

This could be a Carter's commercial. Five kids, all in blanket sleepers, on the couch, New Years Day. We had a sleep-over with the Fisher clan. I don't know who was more excited - these five monkeys or Uncle Reid. We all had fun.

Evelyn and Floyd had a really fun date night on Valentines weekend. Ten years since the first time Floyd asked me to be his Valentine, and I'm glad to still have the honor. Even if he still hasn't quite learned how to open his eyes fully for pictures. Anyway, we went to the Lazy Goat and ate tasty tapas. Then we walked across the bridge over the Reedy River, to take in WICKED at the Peace Center. (The last broadway show we saw together, incidentally, was Les Miserables in 2000!)

Junie and Clementine, matching outfits are pretty much going to be a way of life as often as 'Antsy' and I can pull it off. We really can't resist an opportunity. Especially now that you two are sitting up so nicely and grinning and interacting together. Just too cute.

This morning: She looks so peaceful, doesn't she? At times, she can do that. But we can vouch that we've never quite heard another baby exercise their lungs in quite the same way either. She LOVES that Daddy. Stares at him, sticks her tongue out and grins. Tucks her chin and plays coy. But as soon as that smile appeared it can be replaced by screeching and tears. And he just says, "I don't know what you want baby girl." Foreshadowing of teenage years already?

4 comments:

The Howell's said...

I like that Red has half a bandage on his forehead...what's that about. Love the pic of June passed out on the bed...so sweet.

EssBee said...

I hear you about the emotional ups and downs of baby girls! Oh the drama..already!

Evelyn & Floyd said...

thank you SB. I don't know if that is hopeful or depressing though :)
Em - Red's bandage was from the New Years Eve episode where he went hurtling into a corner baseboard and cut his head open. Maniac.

Elizabeth Lewis said...

June sounds a lot like Kate was at that age. Hang in there!