Tuesday, January 12, 2010

peas

Wanna hear the excuses i got for why RM couldn't eat his peas the other day? All phrases accompanied by wide-eyed expression of delight and wonder:

1. "Gummies!?!?!?!?"
2. "Shhhh. They (the peas) are sleeping."
3. "Hear dat? Wisten! I hear da cheese."
4. "Ice Cream!?!?!?!"
5. "Mommy bike dat pea?"
6. "Awwwergic. Reddy Awwwergic." (pointing to peas.)

Seriously. I'm not kidding. Lately, he's been using these other tactics. Humoring me. Humoring himself. Asking if I want a bite. Requesting items NOT on the menu, some of which he is actually allergic to. Insisting that he is allergic to the one nutritious option.

When people told me parenting was hard, I really didn't expect the reason to be that I was strugging against a two year old stand up comic.

4 comments:

jim thompson said...

Hilarious!! I love the "hear the cheese?!"

-Sara T.

Tootie said...

Just read Reddy's comments to JG and we both had a crack up! :) followed by, 'can you read that again' and 'tell me all about it, mommy'!

The Batts said...

omigosh so funny..haha. i think its a struggle for him to eat his veggies now!! man, i have a lot coming!

Marijke said...

Let me add, for those reading these comments, that this two year old terrorist did NOT want to share his gummies with Pops the other day. He told him: "Pops is awergice to gummies!"