Thursday, January 21, 2010

the half birthday

Junie Bear. What I want to remember about this time:

You've learned to hold the 'tripod' pose quite well lately. But capturing a grin like this is next to impossible. You're a rather stoic young lady.

Although you girls might not know it yet, you are best friends.

The 'half birthday' crew cuddling while you napped.

Dearest baby girl, you are already six months old.
I'll be honest, there have been moments when I wished away your tiny baby stage - when you were inconsolible some nights early on. Lately though, I have found myself clinging to you a little bit tighter. Hoping you'll be still and let me cuddle you just a bit longer. That I can freeze frame this time in my mind and pull it back up when you are toddling away from me soon.
Today you spent the morning at Oma's house, and she took these delightful pictures. You had Antsy, G-lou, Clemie, and Reddy for company too. I went straight from work to take you to the doctor's office so we could find out about a yucky cough you've been fighting for several days. Turns out, you have your first ear infection. And getting the antibiotic in you might just take an act of Congress.
Right now you are down the hall in your crib, sleeping soundly next to the hum of the vaporizer. Your brother is potty training this week, which garners lots of attention, and you gladly offer those priceless smiles up for him. We've been keeping you awake a few minutes after that crazy boy goes to bed though just so we can stare back into those attentive eyes and get to know you a little more. I hope we are always close - that this bond we've formed in six short months doesn't dim. You make me beam with pride just by your being alive.

3 comments:

The Batts said...

ha! we are part of the same club...hopefully your girl will take her medicine well. liam hearts amoxicillin...seriously, its like he isn't satisfied with the dose i give him.

BEBE HOWELL said...

Beautiful Danny!!! It is so amazing to watch all of you sweet friends, becoming "families" having all these babies! God has blessed each of you so very much with the miracle of "children". they will grow up fast, but i enjoy seeing you ALL ENJOY your children. Get ready for the funniest, wildest, emotional ride of your life!!
love
bebe

Tootie said...

sniff sniff