Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy Father's Day, Pops.



Daddio:
Sorry this is late, but Happy, Happy Father's Day to you. We miss you! But we are glad that you and 'Oma' are tootling around Europe and having your own adventures. You've worked hard for a long time to enjoy this now.
Hopefully when you come home, two more little granddaughters will be here to greet you, healthy & safe and ready to soil their diapers in your lap.
I don't have any epiphany to share with the blogosphere - but one thing had come to mind this week several times as I've thought of you and Will and reflected on Father's Day without either of you around. Mom told me at one point growing up -- and I think she repeated it a time or two -- something very important. She said, "we're not perfect, but we're the best parents for you." Nothing could be more right. I'm grateful that neither of you have ever pretended to have the world all figured out. You were honest that 'Life's not fair' sometimes. But God truly knew you are the best dad for me.

1 comment:

Marijke said...

Just came upon this - DUH and will let Daddy read it when he gets out of the shower. You're a great writer, Dan - about things that matter, too.