Thursday, September 04, 2008

kudos

I almost turned the RNC coverage off tonight. Romney was nothing extrordinary and Huckabee's high points were still dull... The good Mayor Rudy was just bright enough to make me hang on for the presumtive VP nominee. And I'm glad I did.

She is no nonsense, yet carries herself gracefully; she's married to a man's man, who is confident enough to stand by his very capable wife. She's the Governor who sold Alaska's luxury jet on Ebay and drives herself to work. She doesn't shy away from the power of the VETO when it comes to wasteful spending, and her state enjoys a budget surplus.

She recognizes that some of life's greatest blessings are also the largest challenges - the things that make us better people. If you missed the speech tonight, I highly recommend it - substanative and persuasive.

Favorite Quotes:

Romney: "Liberals would replace opportunity with dependency on government largesse. They would grow government and raise taxes to put more people on Medicaid, to work requirements out of welfare, and to grow the ranks of those who pay no taxes at all."

Huckabee: "I’m not a Republican because I grew up rich, but because I didn't want to spend the rest of my life poor, waiting for the government to rescue me."

Palin: “Our opponents say, again and again, that drilling will not solve all of America’s energy problems - as if we all didn’t know that already. But the fact that drilling won’t solve every problem is no excuse to do nothing at all. Starting in January, in a McCain-Palin administration, we’re going to lay more pipelines…build more nuclear plants…create jobs with clean coal…and move forward on solar, wind, geothermal, and other alternative sources. We need American energy resources, brought to you by American ingenuity, and produced by American workers.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE HER. She definitely could have gone to Converse.

Tootie said...

I don't know how you do it, but you've brought out the best in the good ol' GOP.