Saturday, August 30, 2008

life.

Lazy Labor Day Weekend. Fantastic. Here's a musing post of a few new things these days.

1. RM + Table Food = easier mealtimes. Ah, glorious table food. Because RM has so many teeth (we're up to eight) he can eat food like a champ. He only started Cheerios in June, and as of this week, he's eating chicken nuggets, hot dogs, waffles, baked beans, macaroni & cheese... all kinds of goodies. Now, all that said, making sure he is getting strong representation from all the food groups does seem a little more difficult right now - as you can see that list doesn't include any of the all powerful fruits and veges. He likes strawberries, apples, carrots, even peas & green beans, but i haven't really ventured much further. Still not a huge fan of eating bananas whole (but is a huge fan of smashing them between his fingers and lathering the mash about on his tray).

2. RM's Cough/Congestion/Sneezing thing started about a month ago and he couldn't shake it. I took him to the peed a few times when i thought it was starting to "rattle" around in his chest and become a problem. The tipping point was when his fever spiked last weekend over 104 and I thought, ok, this has to be all related, and he's got to have pnemonia or something! Ped took chest x-ray, we nebulized him several times a day, etc. Come to find out, the cough issue and virus causing the fever were totally unrelated. This week at the ped's office, to follow up on viral funk, she asks, "Now, did anything in his diet change a month ago when this cough started?" DING DING DING! This slow-uptake-mom had typical light-bulb-flash-in-brain and says, "Yeah, as a matter of fact, we introduced formula for the first time a month ago as I started to wean him." Long story short, within 48hrs of taking the boy off of formula, the runny nose and cough disappeared. Amazing. So if you're wondering - no, weaning NOT complete yet...

3. Mice. We have mice in our house, and it's freaking me out. Any of you who have seen the LOVELY basement, know that we definitely have some dark corners where i'm sure these lovely rodents have made happy trails in and out for quite some time, but the fact that we've caught TWO in our living quarters is more than i can handle. Spiders, bugs, i can deal with those. Once we get to the rodent level though, i'm out. I just want ONE phone number i can call that will get rid of these dwellers once and for all - seal my house up, make sure they're all gone, send me a bill. Any suggestions? I cringe just typing about it.

4. The weather is still insanely hot. I think Floyd has cut the grass twice this summer. Seriously. Between the ridiculous temperatures and lack of precipitation in this region of the world, it just hasn't been necessary. And can I just say that I really do find it hard to believe I was 9 months pregnant this time last year... Just to imagine hauling a belly of great size around right now makes me worn out. So, let me just salute you ladies who are doing it right now!

5. RM's vocabulary count: 3. (Bye Bye, Da-da, Uh-oh). I have a video, but it's not uploading... and I don't have the patience. So maybe one of these days yall will get to see him zerbert me and display his speaking skills. Don't hold your breath.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Walker Pest Management. Mainly b/c my bro works there, but they've pulled 5 foot rat snakes from under mom and dad's house. They'll get rid of the rodents. yuck.

Tootie said...

um, love the update. We had a mouse issue too. Two years in a row. They inhabited my silverware drawer, of all things. Hubby sealed it up and caught them. How much are you paying, maybe he'll come out. :) by the way, where did your musing go?