Wednesday, February 13, 2008

we're so lame... you might just think this blog is about you

today is a special day... Hah.

Eight years ago today my husband and i had a "serious conversation about our relationship" and then literally flipped a coin to decide WE WERE AN ITEM. We're weird. But i know most of you reading this all have saved that "where is this relationship going?" discussion somewhere in your memory file.

In those first few years it was a big deal... flowers, gifts, letters, dinner!
Then you got over it or had a wedding and thus another anniversary to commemorate.

So today i said "Happy 13th" dear hubby with a small carton of Reese's Peanut Butter WHOPPERS. We have come a long way... I can't imagine how sentimental we will be in eight more years.

5 comments:

Tootie said...

eight years. wow. time flies. our dtr conversation came after T had been camping with tom boy around july 4th weekend (for tom-boy's 10th bday). So, that has been. . . 11 yrs? crazy

erika said...

our dtr came about 4 years after we met. we were "JUST FRIENDS" for so long--remember? :)
We were at the grove park inn and he asked if he could call me his girlfriend. It was Aug. 27--one month before my bday. it's so fun to remember these things...

erika said...

That was in 1996. Holy Smokes. Time flies.

Evelyn & Floyd said...

One day Reid just said to me, "I'm about ready to marry you." I guess maybe it all of a sudden hit him. and then I realized we were getting serious:)
Nancy

Marijke said...

Your dad and I met on July 16th, 1971 which was exactly 4 years after he had emigrated to Canada. I won't forget that date, either. We didn't know there was such a thing as a dtr, though; sure glad you girls had such sound teaching! What about you, Thomas? We all know you and Jordan are pretty sweet on each other!!