Thursday, July 07, 2011

On being almost FOUR...



i have no idea where Red is coming up with his material lately, but it's urgent that i record it and not forget it. With three months to go until his fourth birthday, here are some new phrases he is saying that are popping up out of the blue:

"Mom, when I go to school, I won't get upset and I won't let you down. Mom, you know that? I won't let you down."

When I found him drinking milk straight from the carton:

"I can just do this easily, mom. It doesn't even spill."

Trying to stir up conversation at dinner:

"Dad, Why did the chicken cross the road to get to the other side?"

On asked about what he did at school that day:

"We just learned about good behavior, and manners... and, just things like that."

On asked what we should make for breakfast:

"We can make a smoothie, mom. You need ingredients, and frozen fruit, and you just BLEND."

When told it wouldn't be long before the babysitter arrived.

"Will it just be five minutes mom? I know about five minutes."

"Mom, knock knock." "Who's there?" "Orange." "Orange Who?" "Orange you glad I didn't say tomato!"

**DISCLAIMER: I didn't teach him about making smoothies. Or how to tell time. It's crazy when your kid starts learning all kinds of things and you realize you had little to do with it. I think we did teach him the knock knocks. He practices them at the lunch table during school.

3 comments:

Emily said...

so great. he's hilarious.

The Batts said...

so funny that i just blogged about little moments in our house!! and I can't believe Junie is turning 2 in a FEW days! that is crazy!

Beth said...

he's always been the funniest kid! love how he said he won't let you down...I can totally see him saying this with the most serious face!