Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Sarasota in Summer

First, a huge congratulations to our friends Matt & Paige, whose wedding weekend was an excuse for a getaway to Florida. Evelyn & Floyd got on a plane and checked out of reality for four days! I had never visited...

This fabulous place is the rehersal dinner location. We dined. We laughed. We sat in a cabana by the infinity pool overlooking Sarasota Bay. We checked out the mazerati and ferrari in the garage. Aye, me. What a party!

The Crosley Powell Estate is a gorgeous choice for a wedding... we fanned ourselves while a radiant bride and handsome groom were joined in marriage, under the 96 degree sunshine. Finally the sunset gave way to a night filled with dancing, moustaches, time with old pals and making new friends.

Did I mention that M&P had chosen two of my favorite musicians to serenade us during the ceremony? These college roommates are award winning composers together, and I actually fell into one of the greatest naps I've enjoyed in recent years while listening to a practice session. Vinson & Floyd together again!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Looks like fun! Y'all deserve it. Hope you had an awesome time.