Thursday, September 23, 2010

thursday night musing

I'm sitting at the dining room table. It is 8:11pm. I'd eat more Sunchips, but the 100% compostable bag is a bit of a deterrent. Have yall noticed they even put a disclaimer on the side: 'this bag is LOUD because it is compostable.'. Like that is supposed to clear it up for me. Anyway, I don't know why I'm worried about being loud. The Bug is evidently still awake 25 minutes after I put her to bed. She keeps hitting the paw of her Leapfrog puppy, 'Violet' to make it sing and talk to her. And then I just hear her giggling. We got home for the day at 7:20pm. RM didn't nap at Oma's this afternoon, so he sacked out in the car and I just transferred him to his bed. Should maybe consider going and putting a pull-up on him... Hmm. I left at 8:30am this morning, and it's been one of those crazy pre-election weeks. Want to know what politicos eat when they have three straight nights of receptions? Well, Tuesday it was 3 shrimp, 2 beef tenderloin medallions, a little pimento cheese morsel, and a few grapes. Wednesday was 1 chicken skewer, a thimble full of orzo pasta, a handful of raw cucumber, carrots and baby tomatoes, a pita chip with hummus. Tonight I had a slice of beef tenderloin, 2 bacon-wrapped scallops, a bite of brie, and 2 asparagus spears. All washed down with a glass of wine that you juggle between business card trade-offs and handshakes and general conversational gesturing that takes place at these kinds of things. This morning I had to visit my doctor and she said something about was I getting enough calcium for bone density, etc. She gave me a chart to consider for calcium amounts in certain foods. You can imagine my delight to find that shrimp and scallops are a source... Although it appears I need to eat more of them to make any dent in the daily quota. Or start buying vitamin D milk. I guess I should be grateful that the Bug is weaned and I can eat dairy... Otherwise I'd be subject to finding all my intake in leafy greens.
RM announced today that all he wants for his birthday is CANDLES. At least 5 people have asked the question, and he is consistent in his answer. Easy to accomplish, right? (Says the mom who used a TEA LIGHT on his cake last year. Apparently the joke's on me.). I'll let ya'll know how I pull through this year. :-)
Guess I should unload the dishwasher. Since it is 8:45 now and I've just been piddling and putting it off. There is something so unsettling about unloading it anytime other than first thing in the morning, no?

No comments: