Tuesday, June 29, 2010

on being silly, and having goals, and the two being synonymous.


Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously.... Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us. - Jane Austen

Fact: I had a goal. So I bought a two piece bathing suit for the first time in my life. It is silly, really. I thought to myself, "If you can't have two children, and go to the beach with 22 family members without being self-concious, that really is ridiculous, right?" One should certainly grow out of such childish conceits, but apparently, they are life-long burdens to bear.

So I created this silly goal, of wearing a less modest bathing suit than I was comfortable wearing, before I turned thirty. But although my family will certify that I did in fact wear it with pride, don't expect to find many photos of me in it. Because I didn't go that far with this vanity project.

Oh yeah, and I am twenty-eight. So i might get to wear it again. Hah!

I win.

4 comments:

The Howell's said...

Impressive.

The Batts said...

you look great! you are a lot braver than me, those suits just scare me!

Evelyn & Floyd said...

maybe i should have titled this: "on being BRAVE, and being STUPID..." because that's how i feel.

Tootie said...

What?! NOT stupid. Proud. I think it is totally appropriate to be MORE proud of your body after having children. After all, now you know what it is capable of, right? Besides, as one who was there I can attest that you look smoking hot. So, wear those two pieces around me anytime. Love ya!