Thursday, May 20, 2010

back to my purse...

So you know, after that last post, my purse didn't get cleaned out. I mean, REALLY, who has the time for that? But it should have. Because it was the source of embarassment yesterday.

I had the opportunity to tour a new facility opening, on behalf of the Senator. Apparently, they have to 'search' to make sure that their top secret distribution technology and product is not compromised during these events when the public is welcomed inside.

Security officer: "Ma'am, I'm gonna need to look inside your purse."

Me: "Hmm, okay, great."

Security officer: "Well, you do have some interesting items in there."

(Laughter errupts from the Good-Old-Boy-Network behind me.)

Me: "Well, i like to be prepared. You never know when a GoGo Magic School Bus is going to create a bond with a new business contact."

No comments: