Tuesday, February 02, 2010

sleet-ish/snow-ish/ice-ish...

So, Floyd had to work for a few hours Saturday morning, but i was bound and determined to brave the elements for the toddler-man's sake. I bundled him up, and touting the new boots and new mittens, I hip-hip-hurrayed for our good fortune that God had sent us such a fun Winter Storm. I mean, after all, we only get one of these a year.

He wasn't buying it.

I even tried to get him to sled with me on the hill across the street, and it was an all out panic-attack response. So we did not sled. It was kind of the Captain Caution thing all over again.

We went back inside.

And back inside we "cuddled" and enjoyed the 68 degree climate our lovely furnace was providing. You know, I did the things momma is good at. Apple juice and animal crackers picnic? Sure. And then daddy came home. And I realized the error of my ways.

Apparently, I should have suggested poking the white stuff with a stick. Or tossing ice chunks into the road. Or stomping on it and watching it crack. Boy stuff.

And for crying out loud, loose the gloves mom. Boys need to have red-cold hands to put in their pockets.

And maybe one of these days i'll figure out how to convert the video from the phone to add it here. Just so you can see how happy he was once Daddy was calling the shots on winter-storm-fun.

2 comments:

EssBee said...

You are a good momma for trying, and an even better one for realizing the father-son-outdoor phenomenon. :-)

Tootie said...

I don't play in the snow with my kids either. Not really. Take them on crazy long walks with them in the stroller though. Oh, and we've done snow angels and mild snowball fights together, but don't think your icey stuff works so well for that....