Monday, February 08, 2010

monday musings

So, we potty trained a few weeks ago. I have been afraid to mention it, to jinx myself/RM, but I figure I should account in some way for his amazing transition. Seriously, to say I was worried about it is a grave understatement. And he's taken to it SO well. No stage fright. And whether the reward is gummies or high fives and lots of applause, he knows my refrain. So much so that he shouts back, "I'm so proud of you, Mom!"

He also started playing the 'air guitar' more recently. I looked down at church yesterday, and he's standing their during worship strumming his air guitar furiously, and nodding his head to the beat. I-N-T-E-N-S-E.

Junie is teething. And peeing and flooding her PJ's in the middle of the night, which makes no one happy, but the teething is the real kicker. But i love her gnawing on my shoulder and snuggling her up. She also has enough hair for a hairbow.

That last point reminds me. Does anyone know how to convert a 3GP file from a phone video to upload and view on your computer? For some reason, I seem to be having trouble with it... that combined with not enough time to figure it out is the reason y'all haven't gotten to see some pretty cute 30 second clips yet.

As tired as this little season of life is, I was reminded this weekend how good and pleasant it is too. I watched a video about the persecuted church in other parts of the world. Seeing children smiling and singing while living as gypsies in a city dump. When I am woken up earlier than I want to by someone yelling "Mom!" in the monitor, I have been overcome by the gifts of a warm bed, healthy children, clean diapers, and clothes. A hot shower. Coffee. Warm food. These are no small things. And for whatever reason God saw fit to give me this very comfortable life experience. Sometimes I don't prize it as I should, and am all to prone to worry. I need these reminders.

5 comments:

Molly said...

sometimes i can't even enjoy my coffee for the worrying about the day that hasn't started yet. thanks for sharing your musings.

The Batts said...

hey! had the same problem with liam and flooding his diaper...put on a bigger diap (size up) at night! :) i get pampers extra protection, but huggies overnites should be good too!

Evelyn & Floyd said...

you are so right Ru - i didn't have to buy overnights for RM until he was much older than 6 months, but she's getting me started early, hah!

The Howell's said...

I so want to see a video of the air guitar!

Pecos Brad said...

First: I've been waiting with fingers crossed for a long time to be invited to view this blog. Second: those monitors have a volume knob, the lower you turn it the less you wake up before your alarm goes off. Third: I have been flooded with thoughts of how awesome my life is compared to so many lately just as you described. Oh how blessed we are.