Wednesday, January 06, 2010

an Epiphany Day baby and an epiphany for the bug.

I got to chat on the phone with Tootie.

Evelyn: "Ohhhh, I am so excited Toot. I can't wait to meet her. We are so proud of you."

The labor was long. But true to her nature, she kicked The Fall in the face and said, natural childbirth for me please.

Looking at J'bug I said, "You aren't the littlest pip squeak anymore. Time to get moving squirt. But not too fast. I still like snuggling you up." I put her in her crib and she pushed her chest off the mattress and grinned at me. She inched her diapered bottom up in the air and crammed her fingers in her mouth. Lights out.

Talking to Nanni ten minutes later. We're both squealing over another neice. A cousin for our baby girls. A sister for JG & E. The SIXTH baby girl in 2.5 years. They are going to have sooo much fun together.

J'bug starts screaming in her crib. The kind of scared-baby-cry that isn't normal. I run in there and find her quite startled. But she'd heeded my advice.

She'd flipped over.

6 comments:

The Batts said...

yay!! i am so excited!!! hopefully she will show off her moves next weekend!!! i bet you are thrilled!

erika said...

HOORAY!!!
Check out the pics I took tonite. :) The new baby girl is such a WHO!!! I love her already.

Molly said...

au naturale, huh? why why?? was she induced like she said she might be? or did "NM" (as I keep seeing mysteriously), finally decide she'd put Shin thru enough?

Congratulations, "Auntie x 9"!

Marijke said...

What advice did you give her exactly? To go to sleep, right? Or to slow down and let you snuggle her lots and lots. Yes, Erika's pics are perfect! Can't wait to hold the newest girl at the end of the month...

Tootie said...

Yeah June!

Evelyn & Floyd said...

i kid you not, in her first 24 hours since the 'first flip' she has repeated her new trick at least five times. she's so proud.