Thursday, October 22, 2009

cousins

so, yesterday was my birthday. Floyd had to be out of town in NYC for a big show, and he has another radio interview up there today (wa-hoo!) But anyway, i had a lovely day with reminders from friends and family that i am dearly loved and loved well.

aunt nancy and cousins O,G, & C all came to spend the night! On a school night! I was so excited, i think i called her 4 times in one hour to find out if she was close. (and naturally, she had left her cell phone at home. hah.)

anyway, last night O announced to me, "Aunt Dan Dan, thank you for having us over. I'm SO excited! More excited than G."

Things that I loved about my day:

1. Lunch with co-workers whom I value highly.
2. A friend's mom who kept June for me and loved her all day while i worked.
3. Teachers at RM's school who took the time to call me and tell me there were milk and egg products in the lunch i packed for him. They are better than I am.
4. Having a tickle fight with RM, hearing his EXHAUSTED laugh.
5. Putting three kids in the tub together (O, G, & RM).
6. Listening to said three little musketeers giggle ridiculously while contained in the tub.
7. Absolutely TERRIBLE serenades over the phone of Happy Birthday from parents, husband, etc. Just because Floyd is a musician doesn't mean he can sing at 7am over the phone when he hasn't slept much. And just because Floyd is a musician doesn't mean his parents can sing. That's right - i'm calling all of you out! But loved EVERY second of it.
8. My mom stopping by and seeing me, N, and the 5 kiddos! Soooo great.
9. RM at the breakfast table, unexpectedly saying, "Happy, To You!" even though obviously he had no idea it was my birthday.
10. Having my sister to laugh with in my house on a cozy fall evening.
Going to sleep with my heart full and 5 babies asleep in the house. Delightful.

3 comments:

The Howell's said...

Happy Birthday!!! Didn't get to tell you yesterday, but love you and so thankful for you. Sounds like a nice, comforting day. Congrats to Will, too! Is there a link to listen to the interview?

Sara said...

i wanna birthday like that!! such bliss.

Beth said...

what a wonderful wonderful day! you are so loved!