Tuesday, July 14, 2009

song.

we have been singing this for almost two years. i'm still trying to pinpoint the familiar tune we use -- I can't quite put my finger on it though. RM has just started to request - nay, demand - his song before bed. Sometimes standing there grinning at me, sometimes lying on his tummy for me to tickle his back. Last night he awoke at 1am, and i held him for several minutes just rocking and enjoying one of the last nights with my only child before he becomes a big brother soon. When i laid him back down, he softly said, "song. song." How can a momma resist that?


Red Marshall, Red Marshall, way up in the sky
Red Marshall, Red Marshall, you're flying so high
Above all the tree tops, you soar like a bird
Red Marshall, Red Marshall, we won't say a word

Red Marshall, Red Marshall, way up in the air
Red Marshall, Red Marshall, you're without a care
You fly through the sky like an airplane
Red Marshall, Red Marshall, this song is your name

Red Marshall, Red Marshall, what dreams you will dream
Red Marshall, Red Marshall, when you go to sleep.

Red Marshall, Red Marshall, we love you so much
Red Marshall, Red Marshall, you're our favorite son

3 comments:

Lauren said...

sweetness

Will and Valerie said...

I'm going to keep thinking on this as I can hear the melody as I read the words! At first I thought it might be "Baby Mine" by Alison Krauss but I think its a nursery rhyme of some sort.

What a sweet sweet song...

Am thinking about you! Its almost go time!

mamakyker said...

precious