Thursday, April 16, 2009

somewhere in that ear there is a teeny tiny tube...



See this ear diagram? With all the fluid behind the eardrum? Yeeeah, so that's what both of RM's ears looked like this morning apparently. And I knew it... because we've not slept through the night the last two nights - he's beeen hurting.

But after a trip to the Surgery Center this morning for a quick procedure, he hopefully has a new feeling: pain-free ears, and better hearing & speech too. Floyd called me this afternoon and said the boy is in great spirits and acting like a new kid. I'm sure if my ears were suddenly "unplugged" for the first time in 3 months I'd be a new person too. Hah.

Highlight of the morning? The nurse telling me about how some babies have a really hard time coming off the anesthesia... they are crazy and loopy and just out of sorts. Quote: "And for some reason, the red-heads take it the worst."

Lowlight of the morning? She was right. He definitely took the 'recovery room' the worst. Quote from onlooking mom: "Good luck."

He was happy as a clam once we got him home and back in his crib. He likes his quiet, dark nursery. He doesn't like doctors offices and O2 sensors on his toes and hospital gowns. Me neither!!

2 comments:

The Batts said...

yay for Red! I am so glad he is feeling better!

Trish said...

Poor little guy. I hope the ears get much better. I look forward to an update down the road on how they worked.