Thursday, March 12, 2009

10 thursday thoughts...

1. Watching RM learn new things is one of the greatest delights of my current station in life. Listening to RM verbalize his newfound joys at 100 miles an hour is also an incredible privilege. People tell me I’ll want to shut him up soon… I find that hard to believe right now.
2. I can’t get enough of Spring. Flinging the windows open at home and turning on the attic fan… Ahh, perfection. It's supposed to be 40 and rainy this weekend. Boo.
3. Naming children can be a tough task, especially when agreeing on that moniker with your spouse is critical. I think we’ve perfected #2. It's a secret. But if you get Floyd drunk, he might just slip up and tell.
4. I came across these thoughts on the GYM and love her eloquence.
5. Ever since I was a young child, I can remember being embarrassed by tardiness to school, church, etc. I swore I would not be tardy once I was in charge. I am still very much a tardy person.
6. I hate to go to bed with dishes in the sink, or without wiping down the counters. It’s a weird pet peeve. Somehow I am quite content with leaving a heaping pile of paperwork on my desk in no particular order at the end of each day.
7. Food allergies really put a damper on my lackadaisical attitude. I need to read more books so as not to expose my child unnecessarily to his dietary adversaries. His eyes were real swollen the other day due to a piece of Chex mix.
8. My most embarrassing moment is from a piano recital during my childhood at the Greenville Museum of Art. The back of my dress was tucked into my undies. I'm sure I have an adult moment, but nothing stands out like that one.
9. I really, really want to be able to snap my fingers and make my basement renovation happen. I have visions of a laundry room with a clean floor, and a light. Asking too much?
10. Last night I had a serious Slushie craving. Fortunately, the mini mart down the street had a Cherry Fanta Icee that fit the bill, and Floyd was a willing courier.

5 comments:

The Buczkowski Blog said...

does that mean you have a name already? If yes does it really mean you are not going to tell?? If the answer to both of these is yes, Brad will be coming down shortly with some alcohol for will.

Tootie said...

this is really a fun read. and I'll weasel that name out next week, don't you worry my pretty. i wonder how it would feel to have your dress tucked into your undies when introducing the senator. i have a new mental image of you at work.

TwoBabyStones said...

I'm with you on #6 - if Ryan offers to do the dishes in the morning, I just can't do it. I HAVE to have a clean kitchen before bed! :)

Trish said...

#5-I can attest. You made me late one or two times to school but I'm sure I was to blame too.
#6-I'm the same. Laundry can be piled high and toys everywhere but I HATE dishes in my sink.
#9-Do you need any help with the drawings? I could help you if you do.
#10-This reminds me of the times you would spend the night at my house when my dad was out of town and we'd go get cappucinos from the gas station and then be up all night on school nights :)

Evelyn & Floyd said...

Trish - AHAH! LOVE those memories you just brought up. Tootie - I have a new nightmare for my Monday work schedule.