Wednesday, February 04, 2009

it's the little things... and sometimes the not so little things...



the kitchen re-do in our house has been a three year project. We bite off little bits as we are able to and hope for the best! Three years ago we coated the entire room in paint - eliminating the dark wood cabinets, the lovely brown paneling on the walls, and the very dingy ceiling. We also started removing the chocolate brown appliances one by one, starting with the fridge. Since then we've replaced the oven, and installed a dishwasher (hurray!) and finally, this month, pulled out the cooktop, hood vent, and countertops! The best part about this re-do in my opinion, is the fact that my Floyd did it. I am beaming with pride, and it makes the updates that much sweeter because HE worked so hard to create it!
(Disclaimer: We do have some paint touch up work to do, and patching the cabinets beside the hood vent... but i wanted y'all to get the impression. I love my blue glass tiles!)

4 comments:

Tootie said...

I love it! way to go, floyd!

The Howell's said...

I've never seen the glass tiles before--I like it!

The Batts said...

wow it looks great!! Great job hubby!!!

EssBee said...

You're giving me kitchen envy!