Tuesday, July 08, 2008

i did it...

I did it.

i splurged for the stroller i wanted. and it's all that i'd hoped for.

it's shallow of me to lust and to 'hem' and to 'haw' over a stroller i know. but the push is like butter - better butter - and it can turn into a two seater with four different position options.

While i recognize that planning for more children when we only have one is silly, the fact remains that RM currently has six other cousins under the age of three... so it is somewhat logical in this family to plan for giving another kid a lift. Besides, have i mentioned i'm in love with this stroller? (If you'd like to see some of the fabulous features, this image details a few of those. Ours is in charcoal/black.)

Just to add to my self-justification-saga for paying more-than-i-care-to-admit for A STROLLER, i will also report that it was divinely provided for me at a discount of more than 40% off! VICTORY.

ps - You can all chastise me as needed in the comments section. I will not be shaken. I am firmly rooted in this stroller-obsession, and have no buyers remorse whatsoever.

7 comments:

The Batts said...

how did you end up getting 40%??? congrats!!!!

The Howell's said...

Dan-dan, congrats on the stroller splurge. Very nice! You're not kidding anyone though--I think you may have a bun in the oven for that front seat and Red is about to get booted to the back!

EssBee said...

I just want to know how you got 40% off. :-)

Evelyn & Floyd said...

since everyone is so intrigued... i researched for months - yes months. Floyd was concerned RM might not even fit into the stroller once i purchased it, just because i researched so long. Online they are all EXPENSIVE, because it's just that fabulous. Well, I happened to call our local USA Baby store, which specializes in furniture, but carries a few "gear" items, just to ask if they even knew what a Phil & Ted's was, let alone carry one in stock. To my shock and delight, they had one left - on closeout, because they are not going to carry it anymore. She tells me this on the phone, while explaining that they found people just don't research strollers enough to purchase them. (SHAME for them, right? I think while grinning from ear to ear). So i go in, take it for a test drive, and it's this crazy-stoller-obsession that provided me with lust at first drive. so voila, that's how i got it at 40% off.

Kelly said...

Dan- hi this is kelly, bry's sister. I have that stoller too...and I agree that I LOVE IT too!!! And when you are blessed with more kids, you will love it even more! The new one can sleep stretched out in the bottom with RM riding in style!! What color did you get? I have the neon green!

Kelly said...

ok, so I admit (or is VERY obvious) that I did not read the whole way thru to see the color. Sorry...pregnancy mush brain! :)
Have a good night!

TwoBabyStones said...

You got a Phil and Ted's for 40% off??!?!? Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my keyboard... :)