Monday, June 16, 2008

72 hours of silenced thumbs...




I am posting this picture because of the irony contained in the image.

This photo was taken two weeks ago at our fabulous friends' wedding. Please notice the expression on Evelyn's face, and the item of interest in Evelyn's hand. Anyone with any knowledge of me knows that there is a slight obsession with said crackberry. Anyone with such knowledge also knows that to detatch said crackberry from Evelyn for more than an hour or two could result in panic attacks, shortness of breath, etc. Hence the reason said crackberry is even in a picture at a wedding reception. YES, I am embarrased. It's like I brought an uninvited guest to the party.

Fast forward two weeks to a staff meeting out at the lake. I assure you we did get excellent planning/work done. But we also took a brief hiatus to dip our toes in the water. During said hiatus, the crackberry suffered an awful demise. Said crackberry managed to fall out of my shoe, bounce on the dock, and into the water, down to the depths below. I would like to think it is because i am such a loyal employee, and because i cannot leave it a safe distance from the water, that it suffered this fatal blow. So now, the fish are all laughing at me, while playing brick breaker from the bottom of Lake Murray.

If you need to contact me in the mean time, feel free to leave a comment below.

2 comments:

The Batts said...

umm can u take that awful picture of me off your blog???

Evelyn & Floyd said...

so sorry! I hope i have sufficiently cropped it! :) I love how Erin is checking out the back of your dress...