Friday, January 11, 2008

tee-dum, tee-dee... a tiddly dum tee day...

Back at work week one highlights:
1. Taking an inbox with 2700 e-mails down to 5 in seven days flat.
2. Introducing my boss to 75 colleagues without embarassing myself.
3. Feeling like I am productive outside of the house - gratifying for me.

Back at work week one lowlights:
1. Pumping breastmilk in the office... just weird.
2. RM's total blowout while sitting in on Floyd's tutoring session.
3. The realization that this could be the most productive week for a while?

Seriously, it's been a good experience so far. Some friends can testify to the fact that in the past, communication hasn't been the strongest for Evelyn & Floyd. As in, Floyd would call a close friend of mine to ask, "Have you seen her? Do you know if she's even in town today?" But we are learning to be better communicators, so as not to call one another during the day and say, "Where's RM? I don't know, i thought you had him... ?" We're seven days in and it hasn't happened yet.

4 comments:

Evelyn & Floyd said...

oh, and sorry to confuse everyone with my constantly changing blog template... i just want something new... but keep changing my mind. So if you have an opinion on it, please feel free to share.

EssBee said...

I like them all - I think my favorite was the first one - but that could just be what I'm used to.

Beth said...

seriously you have switched quite a few times this week...just changing things up a bit-personally I like the current one or the original...love you

Trish said...

so...pumping at work is a little weird for me too. We have a phone booth (basically just a 3x3 room with a phone and a chair and an outlet) and you can find me there at 12 daily :) I always wonder if anybody can hear it on the other side of the door and thinks..."what is going on in there??"