Monday, June 04, 2007

If bumpers could cry...



So... my car got a boo boo this week... and it was all my fault. But I am grateful! I know, I know... this sounds crazy.

There are a couple of things I should note: Will actually had a fender bender not six weeks ago... and hit a hypochondriac who is claiming medical bills.. AND HE TAPPED HER IN A PARKING LOT...

Also, I was driving a 12 year old car until about 3 months ago, when we decided it really wasn't safe for a pregnant woman to be driving vehicle when the brakes had gone out twice in the last six months. But today, under the circumstances, i wouldn't mind to be still driving that POS.

so really, why now? But like i said... i am thankful.

I am grateful because I haven't had a car accident in 4.5 years. And I've even thought about it recently... I am way overdue! But when i pulled into the parking space and felt the SSSCCCUUUUFFFFF of bumpers rubbing together, my heart still sank. But the great thing is this: I got a wet towel, and furiously washed the other guy's bumper, and all of my paint that my bumper had left there came right off... but none of his. Not a bit. His bumper looks shiny and new. Mine has a boo boo. And I am okay with that. It's not great, but it could be so much worse! And I a grateful because God is gracious, He kept me safe in that little POS for 8 years, and he is still keeping me and our precious-little-one-to-be safe.

The End.

5 comments:

Tootie said...

I'm so proud of you. Really, 5 years accident free and then to praise God for having one? amazing.

The Batts said...

i am sorry your car got a booboo--at least baby gibbs is ok!

Evelyn & Floyd said...

you may have had a dry spell with the fender benders, but you hubby was still going strong in those 4.5 years. hehe
Nancy

Trish said...

Awee...brings me back to the good ole days when the door of the camry got ripped off in the garage. Wasn't that you? I probably shouldn't make fun or I'll be due. Although I did my fair share of damage to Jacob's old blazer about 2 years ago. God always does protect us...and I'm sure He is humored that you used the phrase POS while thanking Him :)

Evelyn & Floyd said...

yes, yes, Trish that was me... in fact, i told someone about that "Tommy Boy" incident after this little boo boo... it's one of my shining moments.