Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Home Economics... and great family...

So, my sweet mother-in-law offered to have drapes made for our house a few months ago... anyone who knows me also knows that decisions such as picking out fabric tend to drag on... and on. But finally we settled on choices for the kitchen, dining room, living room, and master bedroom. The actual process of getting them made and hung took less time than my decisions! I honestly didn't know how great these window treatments would be until i saw them. THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL!!! And it is so great to have the venetian blinds gone. Hurray! I guess calling this "home economics" is taking credit for work i didn't do, but it's still a project for the home which required decision making skills that I do not exercise regularly...

I do also need to put a plug in here though for my mom too... she and I made little curtains for under my sink and buffet in the kitchen, and a bedskirt for our master bedroom together. These little projects were really fun (I will admit, we both felt like we were wrestling an elephant at some moments while figuring out the bedskirt) but we are very proud of our handiwork on those items.

So kudos to our great family being generous and helping to make Will and I create our home!




































4 comments:

Trish said...

Wow...you have such a grown up house :) We are VERY slowly getting rooms looking like we are no longer college students. I guess that's the fun of it though b/c if we did it all at once, we wouldn't appreciate it! Can't wait to see the Gibbs home if we ever make it back! Miss you!

Tootie said...

sadly our home has not changed decorating wise since before college. dan, i'm a little jealous. but tell me what your bedroom fabric is & i can forgive quickly!! i'm excited for you - - it looks sooooo great!
-s

erika said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love them! We, still, are living in the hand-me-down furniture phase. I'm really thankful...

canadian aunt nancy said...

wonderful work and great pics to make it look like a magazine!!!