Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Things not to discuss at lunch...


So, when people make a request for federal funding, they typically come to you for everything imaginable, and even those things you'd rather not imagine. Like Wastewater Treatment. They then decide, "why not go to lunch to discuss the process and the upgrades, and how many millions of dollars need to be spent on this project?" I guess that people in this business (and plumbers) just don't have a gag reflux.
At least this time we didn't go take a tour after lunch. Now that was the highlight of 2006 for me.

3 comments:

Evelyn & Floyd said...

hope you weren't having grits as you discussed the 'grit chamber'. And, really, I thought that whole diagram was fascinating. How can I get the activated sludge out of my life?? -S

Evelyn & Floyd said...

you know S, that is an excellent question, however one i cannot answer. You would think that with such a riveting discussion i would fully understand the processes, but unfortunately, i only know how much it costs.

canadian aunt nancy said...

Hey Danielle as the previous "Queen of KAKA" here in Ottawa, I take offence you your comments on wastewater treatment!!!

And yes I know all about grit chambers, activated sludge, aeration tanks, primary and secondary treatment and all the gooui bits!!